Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Woman Crush Wednesday (Retro Style) - #1



From Amazon

  
A few months ago, I finally hopped on the Spotify wagon (I know, I know). As a result, I've finally had the opportunity to listen to Sarah Vaughan's body of work in a way that I've been unable to with YouTube or even Pandora. With that said, I've been listening to Sarah Vaughan nonstop for the last couple of months or so. I find myself creating excuses to listen to her ("Oh, it's raining outside...time to put on some Sarah Vaughan...").

Sarah Vaughan's voice stirs up many different feelings for me--happiness; comfort; motivation--the list goes on. For this reason and more, it was without question that I make her The Life of an Aige Old Soul's first "Woman Crush".


"Warming up Philharmonie Hall in 1969" - from Past Daily


From Britannica


Sarah Vaughan sings "April in Paris":


Fitting for today's date!

This rendition of "April in Paris" was a track on the critically acclaimed 1954 album, Sarah Vaughan with Clifford Brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice. Be respectful. Be rated PG.

Powered By Blogger