Tuesday, March 31, 2015

20 Years Later: Still Dreaming of Selena



In honor of Selena, I was prepared to walk down memory lane for this post, but reading an article from the Associated Press last night has prevented me from doing so. 20 years later, the Quintanilla family is still in pain. Her parents still miss "their baby", her siblings still miss their baby sister, and Chris Pérez still misses his wife--all understandably, of course. It's been said time and time again that losing a child something you never "get over" or even make peace with--especially when he or she was lost so tragically. Also, as mentioned in the linked article above, the Quintanilla family doesn't celebrate birthdays (or deaths) because they're Jehovah's Witnesses. I must also mention that the family runs The Selena Museum in Corpus Christi, so they're pretty much reminded of her (and her death) everyday.

With all of that said, I feel the need to keep my memorializing to a minimum. Tonight, I will quietly remember Selena by just listening to her music. What better way to remember her?





My prayers, my thoughts--all of my positive vibes are with Selena's family and friends.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice. Be respectful. Be rated PG.

Powered By Blogger