Monday, January 12, 2015

I went to see "The Wizard"!



I finally got a chance to see my favorite movie, The Wizard of Oz on the big screen! If you've never seen it on the big screen, you've still got time!


The movie celebrated its 75th anniversary last year and was shown in IMAX theaters to celebrate. Unfortunately, I was not able to attend and was extremely sad about it, but as you can see, the sadness is over! I should also add that this was also a birthday gift to me (my big sis paid and watched it with me).


I'm a great lover of film--classic film in particular, as you can probably tell by this blog. I minored in Film/Video Studies in college, so not only is The Wizard of Oz "just" a favorite movie of mine, but it's sort of a "dream film" for me, as well. Whether I'm watching it on a big screen or a TV screen, it's an event, period. Whenever I sit down to watch it, I'm not sitting down to "watch a movie", I'm sitting down to experience something--to be taken away. I'm also scanning the screen for things I didn't see in the last viewing--opening my ears for sounds I never noticed before. I'm always in awe when I finish watching this 1939 movie--and creating at least one film with as big an impact as The Wizard of Oz is a huge dream of mine (why I call it a "dream film"). 


I'm so, so happy I got to see this movie in the theater. I couldn't contain myself. Even as I write this, I can't contain myself. While watching the movie, I had to keep crossing my arms and legs to hide my excitement during the epic tornado scene. I even had to stop myself from leaning over to my sister to whisper fun facts and trivia to her (I only stopped because she claims that I can't whisper). Man, I'm such a geek about this movie that even the intro and outro music (*doom--DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUMMMM (roar! roar! roar!) DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUMMMM*) sends me into fit of muffled giggles of excitement.

*sigh*

I'm getting *this* close to popping in the DVD right now (at 11PM EST), so...it's about that time for me to wrap this up. I hope this post didn't make me seem too nerdy--or pretentious, either!


Either way, thank you for taking the time to read my gushing--and I hope you go see The Wizard of Oz on the big screen on January 14th or on any other date in the future!





  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice. Be respectful. Be rated PG.

Powered By Blogger